Focus ages 14 – 25
With over 20 years of managing vocational education and practical employability programmes, Glen has often used creative ways of developing training and work experience opportunities that help to deal with social issues identified by local communities.
Examples of these include:
- Development and management of environmental ILM teams to support the improvement of derelict community spaces across County Durham.
- Management of pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programmes in catering, horticulture and hospitality for disengaged and disadvantaged young people including the delivery of 5 successful ‘Pop Up Restaurant’ programmes in conjunction with social housing organisations across Greater Manchester and Lancashire
- Establishment of ‘Bradford Works’ horticulture and grounds maintenance social enterprise securing council maintenance contracts, whilst supporting long-term unemployed young adults into employment
- Direct recruitment of young people leaving prison into catering and hospitality opportunities at Heaton Park cafes, Manchester and Eagle and Child Ramsbottom, Bury
- Development of international exchanges to support young people to access work experience in France and Spain, including the development of an ERASMUS+ programme focussed on youth leadership and equal opportunity for disabled young people.